Sunday, October 26, 2014

1 little house, Sunday Chenrezig Meditation

I recited one little house today and I am working on a second.  I attended the Tibetan Sunday Chenrezig Meditation at 10a and I did a crab release later.  My dad and I went to get soil for the raised bed in our backyard.  I had a tough morning...I have a serious physical illness that takes everything I have to get through every day - on top of the mental health struggles.  It's a strange life, considering what life was like 4 years ago when I was pretty healthy, pursuing professional athletics, and waking up happy, confident, and excited every day.  Now my body feels 80.  Actually I have a close friend who is 88 and he's in great health - a lot better than mine.  So my body feels 100. 
   I hope to recover more.  My dad and I were talking about heading out to the mountains after the winter.  Or possibly spending some time in Ashland, Oregon.  Life is more precious now.  It was precious before and I had tons of gratitude.  The difference is now I have to be grateful for some of the pain for teaching me.  What will I learn from the pain?  Can I take these lessons into my next life?

No comments:

Post a Comment