Sunday, January 18, 2015

86 Little Houses

Today I completed the 85th & 86th little houses out of my goal of 800; 800 is the amount that can lead to a full remission of schizophrenia - based on the belief and understanding that this illness is usually caused by karmic retribution.  The little houses help to pay the karmic debt and then the mental health and overall well being of the patient improve.  My new years goal and vow to Kwan Yin was that I would recite 300 LH's this year ( so about 1 a day).  I have only done 10 this month, so I have to keep up the pace of doing them about 1 a day to get back on pace.  Overall, I would say that my mental health and well being has improved about 15% percent since I began this goal of 800 LH's, which is exciting and it makes me want to share this practice, and this breakthrough, with others.  Will that opportunity come? 

9 comments:

  1. My wife has been suffering from psychosis since 2012. She will hear voices, both males and females, talking to her. In fact, they are scolding and criticizing her most of the time, to the extent she was suicidal. The mental institution couldn’t help much and thus I tried traditional Chinese medicine which does not help at all. I went everywhere to all the famous spiritual masters to check if she was possessed but all of them said no. A year later, she started seeing invisible people which she claims are spirits. Eventually, I tried chanting Buddhist mantras which help calm her down a bit. Partially I think it was she was getting used to the voices as well. Last month, I read about the Citta Dharma Door School and started chanting the little houses, hoping to cure her with the merits of the mantras. For more than a decade I have been reading about mantras (I am an avid Buddhist), hence, I strongly believes in the power of the mantras used for the Little Houses. Thank you for sharing your journey. I am indeed very happy to read your blog and to let you know that you are not alone on this path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading about my journey. I appreciate your reply and I am so sorry you and your wife are going through this. It's been very difficult for my family as well. It's an extremely lonely journey because you can't share this with many people. And even if you do, I don't think they understand what it's like for someone to go through this. recently I attended two lectures both with highly respected spiritual masters. Both talked about this phenomenon and said it was very real. One was a Buddhist monk, the abbot at a temple in Southern California. He was the first, other than my qigong teacher (who is a disciple of Master Lu), to use the words "yin beings." He explained how past karma can cause debts in the yin/spirit world and lead to this phenomena. He said "you have to pay back your debts." Actually, he went as far to say that that was one of main purposes of our lives: to pay back our debts. I attended both lectures with my Dad, and I felt that it was good for him to hear this. It validates my experiences more in his eyes. Unfortunately, my family is not supportive of the little houses. But I will continue to recite and do the practice - the benefit is very real and profound. It makes me feel sad (for what you've both been through), but inspired to read your message, thank you so much.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I am wondering if the little houses you offer are recited in chineses or other languages? I would be willing to give it a try this dharma door but my main obstaclemis that repateing the words in language I dont understand is not effective/working for me. I Iam wondering if there is an english or at least sanskrit translation of the prayers that are contained within little house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is an anglified Chinese. From what I understand, it is okay to not understand the sutra. It still works.

      Delete
  3. I feel it is important to add that I have had some significant improvements while using guan yin citta and if someone if suffering from something like schizophrenia it can be a great relief to know that there is something they can try. Please consider that there are benefits and risks in practicing Guan Yin Citta. For me sticking with Tibetan Buddhism has felt safer, so I stopped practicing Guan Yin Citta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as I know tibetan buddhism they dont focus on treatment of disseases rather on eliminating bad karma or removing obstacles for practice generally. Wheras in Guanyincitta they excell in suppyling meaningfull tools and information for precise target. I havent heard before about cons of practising guanyincitta. Coul you please elaborate on this issue more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I understand, doing little houses has the potential to attract foreign spirits (because they know that we can help them). Usually these are spirits we have karma with and I believe only those we have karma with can affect us. One of the more common things that can happen is the spirit of a deceased brother or sister (usually abortion or miscarriage) that will come and occupy the body. My parents had 5 miscarried siblings before I was born and when I had a knee surgery it didn’t heal. I was studying wth a qigong master who could read energy fields and see spirits in meditation. After class one day, she told me it was important to speak to me. I stayed after and she explained that I had 5 spirits who she could clearly see that were attached to my knee and keeping it from healing. We began to offer little houses immediately and it worked for the first two or three siblings (the oldest ones). They came to me in my dreams and showed me that they had been reborn. Then, I took a trip to an island with a lot of spirit activity. My teacher actually warned me in advance not to go but I was going for a good reason so I continued with my plans. Also, I had a premonition dream that suggested I shouldn’t go but because it was for a good reason I ignored it. Unfortunately, my spirit issue went from bad to worse once I arrived.

    I still had a few spirits clinging to me when I went to this island, once there more spirits attached to me. Each day I would talk to my qigong teacher who was offering little houses on my behalf. I would offer little houses too. Unfortunately, by the end of the trip I was extremely ill, could barely walk, and couldn’t speak very well. It took several years to come back to normal. It took about 3 years before I could walk without crutches. I don’t blame the guan yin citta practice, it was a bad decision to go to this island that had a lot of spirit and yin being activity, as well as a lot of yin energy. From my experience, if you are healthy, it is probably ok to do guan yin citta, but if you are ill I believe you should think and meditate on it. There is the potential to attract more spirits to you (what’s amazing is that many people have spirits clinging to them and don’t know it. Most of us have karmic creditors). The beauty of the guan yin citta is that it can help you resolve these karmic debts and clear your energy field, so that you can avoid future karmic induced illness. I know many people for whom guan yin citta has been a lifesaver. For people with schizophrenia or alzheimer’s sometimes little houses can be one of the only effective treatments. Medication can only suppress symptoms, which guan yin citta has the potential to address and treat the root cause (karmic creditors). Yet, because practicing little houses can attract those spirits we have karmic connections with, it is very important to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I decided to start Tibetan Buddhism about 5 years ago and found a practice to alleviate spirit problems; the Sengdongma practice or Hand Clapping reversal of the lion-faced dakini. I began to go to a local temple here and received transmission to practice it. I now do this instead of guan yin citta. For those curious, here is the link to Sengdongma, it's best to have transmission from a lama to practice it: http://www.palri.org/images/Dudjom_Tersar_Lion_Faced_Dakini.pdf

    ReplyDelete